The pharmaceutical industry is now the most poorly regarded industry in Americans’ eyes, ranking last on a list of 25 industries that Gallup tests annually. Americans are more than twice as likely to rate the pharmaceutical industry negatively (58%) as positively (27%), giving it a net-positive score of -31. The restaurant industry is rated most positively.
- CNN: Sens. Grassley, Wyden reach bipartisan deal to lower drug prices
- Gallup: Big Pharma Sinks to the Bottom of U.S. Industry Rankings
- Vox: The new bipartisan Senate bill aimed at making Big Pharma lower drug prices, explained
- The Hill: PhRMA spent record-high $29 million on lobbying in 2019
- Salon: “Nobody likes getting ripped off by pharmaceutical corporations”